Monday, February 25, 2008

Taco Feast!



We had some young friends in this evening for a Taco Feast! C----- brought a chile relleno casserole, S---- brought the guacamole, and Y----- brought Coca Cola and Jaritos in the glass bottles. I fried 25 terribly-unhealthy-but-delicious-tacos; not one was left.

We girls (two are expecting) ate at the kitchen table, and the guys balanced plates on their laps in the living room.

It was a wonderful evening! We also celebrated C------'s birthday. I love the freshness of these friends. I'd like to make it a monthly event...


(The first two pix are taken with my camera phone; not the best)

6 comments:

Four peas in a pod said...

Sounds like fun! Man, I sure do miss those tacos! You are right, they are so unhealthy BUT soooo good!!!! Do you still put dill pickle slices on your tacos???

Perhaps one day we should get together for some good old popcorn, peanut m&m's and tang!!!

;-)

-ya sis

not2brightGRAM said...

No dill pickles. No requests for them lately (I never did eat them that way).

Oh, my! I'd forgotten about those days when we ate peanut M&M's as if they were popcorn, and popcorn slathered in butter as if we were starved! Chasing it all with orange Tang!

Of course, I don't remember thinking it was the slightest bit unhealthy then. Peanut M&M's? nuts are good for you! Popcorn? another way to cook a vegetable! Orange Tang? isn't there fruit in that?!

If I ate like that now (and sometimes I do) I'd be sick!

Four peas in a pod said...

Aaaah, youth - when eating like that didn't effect us.

Elizabeth said...

i miss J----- M-----! Haven't talked to him in a long time! Or seen him for that matter!

not2brightGRAM said...

Yeah, he said he misses you, too! It's great to have life-long friends.

Anonymous said...

looks like you all had a nice evening...boy I love your tacos...with the dill pickles!!! D&D still eat them that way..has to have Delmote pickles!!! they always have someone bring them some when come visit...hard to find them in GR.........