Thursday, May 29, 2008

SPRING FANCY GONE MODERN!


In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

Lord Tennyson Alfred (1809–1892)


Thank goodness for camera phones.

I was at a local discount store today (I'm not admitting which one in case Jessica or my bro reads this). In the greeting card aisle, I saw three guys. At first I couldn't figure out what they were doing. Then, it dawned on me and I could hardly keep from laughing out loud!

They had chosen a mushy "thinking of you" romantic card, and were TEXT MESSAGING the poem on it to one of their girlfriends! In typical guy slang, they were discussing how she would react, and wondering whether she'd be able to tell he didn't actually make it up himself.

I angled around, and snapped the photo, hoping they wouldn't hear the "click" and grab my phone.

Success!!

7 comments:

Four peas in a pod said...

Gotta love the male species!

;-)

Jess(ica) said...

Regarding the blog context: I think that is cute and cheesy all at the same time.

Regarding shopping at Walmart (the "always" sign in the background combined with your making note of how you were not going to say where you were gave that one away): Walmart's "low prices" are the reasons people are forced to shop there. I'd be happy to explain. Hey, now that I am not in school I will have extra time to blog about my soap boxes! I think Walmart will be my first one! =)

not2brightGRAM said...

Wal-Mart is like the local drug lord.

Love/Hate. I'm addicted to Low Prices.

Rebecca said...

That's pretty funny. Haha!

If only you could have stuck around long enough to find out what the lucky girl replied! If she had half a brain, she would break up with Romeo. . . but then again, if she had half a brain, she probably wouldn't be dating Romeo in the first place, in all probability, she was quite flatter by his corny, plagiarized sentiments!

haititrip said...

hey that is a great idea... :]

not2brightGRAM said...

Yeah, Dustin, if you can find a card in Dutch! :p

Elizabeth said...

i don't love walmart, but it sure is helpful in this little college town...

especially since it's basically the ONLY place to shop.