Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Further Up the Road...



(click on the picture to enlarge it)

We stopped at a country cemetery. It's really interesting to read all the headstones, and to realize that someday, all any one on earth may know of you might be what's written there.

When we walked back to our car, I caught a reflection of the cemetery in our back window, alongside a sticker, "Don't waste your life". That struck me as very symbolic.

I took a quick digital snapshot. When I got home, it looked really strange to me! The cemetery was completely whitewashed, due to the sunlight and the contrast between the black car and the bright background. I'm not trying to be overly artsy, but I did a one-step tweak (poster edges) in photoshop, and I thought this turned out kinda interesting.

3 comments:

christianne said...

whoa -- you mean the photo turned out that way on its own?! i could have sworn that you had altered it that way for effect on purpose yourself! crazy. and very, very cool. it says to me that so much life is meant to be lived in the now, just like the bumper sticker says.

not2brightGRAM said...

Christianne... yes! It was exactly this way. The only thing I did was put a poster wash over the entire photo. I thought it was cool, too. Kind of a ghostly background.

Anonymous said...

what a picture!!!!!