Thursday, June 5, 2008

It Pays to Purchase AppleCare!


We purchased a 20" iMac in September of 2006 (seen in previous post). Fortunately, I purchased AppleCare soon after.

Somehow, I got a lemon. (There aren't many of them in Apple World.)

I won't bore you with the whole history, but after tolerating the annoying glitches for well over a year, it took a sudden turn for the worst in March. It became apparent it was about to become lemon-ADE*!

After jumping through a few easy hoops, Apple sent me a brand-new UPGRADED iMac today.

I can't wait to plug it in and take it for a spin.

*ADE
= a dead electronic

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lucky!! i wish i'd paid for applecare on my first laptop:(

Anonymous said...

if and when i need a new computer, I'll be sure to check out the "apple"....looks nice.....

Jess(ica) said...

cool! How's it running???