Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Actual Conversation



First Girl: So, yay! It's raining! That means we'll have powder for snowboarding this weekend! I can't wait to go. Only, I'm feeling kind of conflicted. I was supposed to help my girlfriend move this weekend, but- HELLO!- powder vs. moving?! I mean, what would YOU do?

Second Girl: Well, how close of a friend is she?

First Girl: Pretty close. That's why I'm conflicted. Do you think she'll understand?

Second Girl: Have you already told her you'd help her move? Was she counting on you?

First Girl: Well, yeah, this was planned a month ago, but then I called her this morning and told her there's going to be POWDER! Hello! I mean, she can always get someone else to help her move, you know? But, still, why do I feel so conflicted? Ahh-hhhh! I hope I didn't p*ss her off!

Me: Excuse me, I couldn't help overhearing. There'll always be snow, but a good friend... maybe you should help your friend and snowboard another time?

First Girl: DUH! Global warming! There WON'T always be snow. (rolls eyes)... So, yeah, she'll just have to understand.

4 comments:

This and That said...

That is hilarious! i cant believe that it actually happened!

not2brightGRAM said...

Yes, it happened at the hair salon today.

Fortunately my hairdresser had laryngitis, so I could be entertained by the other hairdresser for the entire time...

Jess(ica) said...

Wow - what a bad friend!

Jeremiah & Gigi said...

and they say we are not a sinful people, full of our selves...
you have great stories